JOPLIN, Mo. — The Missouri Tomato Conference will be Monday and Tuesday, August 14 and 15, 2017, at the Continental Banquet Center, 2728 North Rangeline, Joplin. This first ever state-wide Tomato Conference brings together top experts in the field with regional experts and successful local tomato farmers to teach growers and serious hobbyists how to better grow Missouri’s top selling vegetable.
Day one begins at 8:45 and will include presentations on the following topics:
- Introduction to Tomatoes
- Tomato Insect IPM & major challenges
- Diagnosing & Addressing Tomato Disease Issues
- Track 1:Field Tomatoes –
- Field tomatoes from a farmer’s perspective
- Tomato insect management in the field
- Track 2: Greenhouse and High Tunnel tomatoes
- Basics of tomato management in structures
- High Tunnel tomatoes from a farmer’s perspective
- Tomato fertility management and quality issues
- Tomato grafting
Day two consists of farm tours and on-site education at three area farms from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Registration is $30. Registration includes lunch on day one, all presentations and handouts, farm tours on day two and the Greenhouse Tomato Handbook by Dr. Snyder(1per family or farm).
Complete conference information is available by calling: 417 483-8139